Country Clubs in the North East

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Country Clubs in the North East

Postby Keviniho » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:19 am

Hi sorry if Im posting in the wrong section or if this has already been answered but I was wondering what country music clubs there are in the North East of England. I live in the Teesside area and was wondering if people could point me in the right direction for good country clubs. At the minute, I go to the country club in Guisborough, but they tend to go for the older acts. I like the new style of music, Tim McGraw, Lady A, Brad Paisley, Little Big Town etc. So would be looking for groups who play this

Can anyone help?
Keviniho

Re: Country Clubs in the North East

Postby CJ » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:18 am

This is surely one for Irene.
CJ

Supreme Member

Postby Palerider » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:54 am

Hi, many clubs in Northeast and as mentione Irene of Country Routes hopefully has updated you on this front. If not give me your email and I'll forward you a gig list.

On the festival side check out Rock Ridge, last weekend of July. Great festival with approx 20 of the UK's top bands. Website www.rockridgeevents.co.uk

Cheers
Kev
Palerider

Postby paulwuk » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:26 pm

I'm from North East also and would like to know if they is any Clubs (etc) where i can go, because Country is the only music i mostly listen to and like :D
paulwuk

Postby paulwuk » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Palerider wrote:On the festival side check out Rock Ridge, last weekend of July. Great festival with approx 20 of the UK's top bands. Website http://www.rockridgeevents.co.uk

Cheers
Kev

WOW look's amazing i wish i had someone to go with :( hahahaha always wanted to go to a proper country festival :D
paulwuk

Postby Palerider » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi, Just get a little tent from Tesco etc and come on your own. You're never alone long at a country venue - you'll have a great time and meet loads of like minded people.

Cheers
kev
Palerider

Postby paulwuk » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Palerider wrote:You're never alone long at a country venue - you'll have a great time and meet loads of like minded people.

Cheers
kev

Sounds interesting makes me want to come even more! :)
I personally think i need to meet people with the same interest's as me in music because there isn't many where i live to be honest
paulwuk

Postby Keviniho » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:39 pm

Palerider wrote:Hi, many clubs in Northeast and as mentione Irene of Country Routes hopefully has updated you on this front. If not give me your email and I'll forward you a gig list.

On the festival side check out Rock Ridge, last weekend of July. Great festival with approx 20 of the UK's top bands. Website http://www.rockridgeevents.co.uk

Cheers
Kev

Hi Kev

Thanks for this. I have sent you a PM with my email address on. I think I have done it right. If not let me know.

The Rock Ridge festival looks good but I dont do camping so that puts me off

Paul where are you from? Might be a couple of local gigs we can go to if we are close?
Keviniho

Postby Smudger » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:19 am

Keviniho wrote:The Rock Ridge festival looks good but I dont do camping so that puts me off

I don't do camping either but I'm going to Rock Ridge, staying in reasonably priced accommodation nearby. I'm sure there are still plenty of B&Bs with rooms in the area.
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby paulwuk » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Keviniho wrote:Paul where are you from? Might be a couple of local gigs we can go to if we are close?

Newcastle/ish
paulwuk

Postby Irene-T » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:46 pm

If anyone wants a comp issue and lives in our Northern region, just pm or email and will drop a copy in the mail for you!
Meanwhile, do not miss Rock Ridge festival!!! there's some seriously good music on this mighty stage and if not staying in a local b&b. Then if we can make our home for the w/end in a 'poppy-up' anyone can!!
There's showers, loos, electrics, food stands, beer, beer, beer, beer and as daughter is newly single, reckon you should become acquainted paul.
Hope to meet you there and promise there are some lovely folk visiting Country fests and you'll share a common bond of music
:)
www.countryroutes.org.uk
Irene-T

Supreme Member

Postby Keviniho » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:12 pm

paulwuk wrote:
Keviniho wrote:Paul where are you from? Might be a couple of local gigs we can go to if we are close?

Newcastle/ish

Newcastle ish boo hiss. Im a mackem but living in Teesside now. I visit Sunderland regularly though
Keviniho

Postby Frenchgate Magic » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:11 am

Irene-T wrote:There's showers, loos, electrics, food stands, beer, beer, beer, beer and as daughter is newly single, reckon you should become acquainted paul.
Keviniho wrote:Newcastle/Im a mackem but living in Teesside now.I visit Sunderland regularly though

I can see trouble flaring over this.Kevinho is a local man,not easily dissuaded.There's a lot at stake here,can only be resolved one way.

they are going to go head to head over the beer and toilets.
TAPPER'S CUCKOO, MAY ,70s

CAT'S BLACKBIRD

HIS "LOVE A DUCK"

AWFUL.
Frenchgate Magic

Supreme Member

Location: THE DONX ...ha ha, what do you mean ? It's where I'm at ...it's the cradle of exquisite men like me.

Postby Irene-T » Thu May 02, 2013 11:14 am

Frenchie...see you've still not gone away....
Irene-T

Supreme Member

Postby Frenchgate Magic » Fri May 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Irene-T wrote:Frenchie...see you've still not gone away....

Hiya Irene....I'm only joking of course. :wink:

Yes,I'm still alive and loving every moment of it. :mrgreen:
TAPPER'S CUCKOO, MAY ,70s

CAT'S BLACKBIRD

HIS "LOVE A DUCK"

AWFUL.
Frenchgate Magic

Supreme Member

Location: THE DONX ...ha ha, what do you mean ? It's where I'm at ...it's the cradle of exquisite men like me.

Next

Return to Country Clubs and Venues