Karen Black

This is the place to post obituaries

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Karen Black

Postby lo&m on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:43 pm
IP:

Hollywood star Karen Black, who featured in cult films such as Five Easy Pieces and Nashville, has died aged 74.

Hugely prolific, the Illinois-born actress appeared in over 100 movies over a career spanning 40 years. Beginning her career on Broadway, she shot to fame in 1969, starring as a prostitute in Easy Rider opposite Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper. She died at a clinic in Los Angeles, three years after she was diagnosed with cancer.

Her fourth husband, Stephen Eckelberry, posted the news on his Facebook page. "It is with great sadness that I have to report that my wife and best friend, Karen Black has just passed away, only a few minutes ago," he wrote. "Thank you all for all your prayers and love, they meant so much to her as they did to me."

Karen also scored a Grammy nomination in 1975 for Album of Best Original Score Written for a Motion Picture or Television Series after writing and performing the songs 'Memphis' and 'Rolling Stone' for Robert Altman's musical drama Nashville, in which she played Connie White, a glamorous but mediocre country singer.

Karen also played opposite Kris Kristofferson in Cisco Pike way back in 1972 when Kris was just beginning his film career.
She considered Kris Kristofferson to be the most attractive male star she has ever worked with. She especially liked his voice. They were both young and beautiful back then and that is how I prefer to remember her.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Re: Karen Black

Postby Moshe on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:10 pm
IP:

I remember her in "Nashville". She did a couple of good songs in there
I liked this one
Moshe
Ultimate Member

Re: Karen Black

Postby Moshe on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:12 pm
IP:

While on the subject of that movie