MINDY McCREADY

This is the place to post obituaries

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

MINDY McCREADY

Postby Moshe on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:59 am
IP:

Troubled country star, Mindy McCready , has reportedly commited suicide.
Mindy was born November 30th, 1975 in Florida. Her debut album was released in 1996, and for a few years Mindy enjoyed considerable success on the country charts. Mindy left RCA after disputes with the label & was dropped by Capitol after one album.
Her mental health and other personal issues have been widely reported. But Mindy did make an impact on the country scene of the nineties with such hits as "Guys Do It All The Time" and "Oh, Romeo".
McCready was admitted for Rehab on February 7th but transferred to home care on february 10th. This was rertedly Mindy's third suicide attempt.
Moshe
Ultimate Member

Re: MINDY McCREADY

Postby Smudger on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:01 am
IP:

She certainly had a troubled life. She had a baby boy last year and the father shot himself last month. Now she's done the same. What a tragedy.
Smudger
Supreme Member

Postby Moshe on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:13 am
IP:

She has two sons, both of whome were taken into care because Mindy was not thought capable of looking after them.
Moshe
Ultimate Member

Postby lo&m on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:09 pm
IP:

Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby Moshe on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:50 am
IP:

All the major British newspapers had obits of Mindy McCready yesterday. The Times had a reasonable half page obit which credited Mindy with subverting traditional country gender stereotypes.
The Guardian quotes Mindy: "I call my life a beautiful mess and organised chaos," she told the Associated Press in 2010. "It's just always been like that. My entire life, things have been attracted to me, and vice versa, that turn into chaotic nightmares, or I create the chaos myself. I think that's really the life of a celebrity, of a big, huge, giant personality"
Moshe
Ultimate Member

Return to Gone, but not forgotten