Counterpoint BBC Radio 4

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Counterpoint BBC Radio 4

Postby kev » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:04 am

Morning! Don't know if any of you listen to Counterpoint, the music quiz on Radio 4, but have a listen to the episode that will be broadcast at 3pm on Monday 27th July (repeated 11pm on Saturday 1st August AND on the iPlayer for 30 days) and there'll be someone on it you might recognise!!

kev

Ultimate Member

Re: Counterpoint BBC Radio 4

Postby Smudger » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:52 am

Haaaaa - top man!
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby lo&m » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Ace!
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby Moshe » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:25 pm

Cor blimey, Kev! How did you do??
Did any questions on country music come up?
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby kev » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:02 pm

Just a reminder for Monday! As for your question Clive - I'm not supposed to say what happens; you'll have to listen and see! See if you can work out where I was kicking myself afterwards .....
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby Smudger » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:29 pm

That was a difficult quiz!
And not one country music question!
I knew most of the Queen ones, but I was pretty hopeless with the rest. I didn't know you were a closet Audrey Hepburn fan Kev................................
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:28 am

Yeah, pretty tough! And I'm sure my buzzer wasn't working!! :lol:

They always say with quizzes that it's different when you're under the lights (and being watched by an audience of about 300 people!) and it's absolutely true! There were a couple of questions where I KNEW the answer but it just wouldn't come - both the "Breakaway" question and the later Dimitri Tiompkin I would normally have been able to answer. What I'm most disappointed about is the fact that they edited out my explanation to the John Williams answer - I thought it was him because the swirly strings at the end of the piece they played sounded like the theme from "Lost in Space"!! :lol:
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby kev » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:25 am

kev wrote:Yeah, pretty tough! And I'm sure my buzzer wasn't working!! :lol:

They always say with quizzes that it's different when you're under the lights (and being watched by an audience of about 300 people!) and it's absolutely true! There were a couple of questions where I KNEW the answer but it just wouldn't come - both the "Breakaway" question and the later Dimitri Tiompkin I would normally have been able to answer. What I'm most disappointed about is the fact that they edited out my explanation to the John Williams answer - I thought it was him because the swirly strings at the end of the piece they played sounded like the theme from "Lost in Space"!! :lol:

Listened to this properly last night and realised that it was very heavily edited. My reference above to Dimitri Tiompkin makes no sense cos you didn't hear that question at all and in the final round they missed me out answering another question and then getting one wrong. Shame, cos the right answer I gave that they edited out was for a really tough question!! :lol:
kev

Ultimate Member

Return to General Topics