Country Routes News Blog of The Week

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: Country Routes News Blog of The Week

Postby livewire » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:28 am

* NEW To You Artist Spotlight * Little Feather releases SELF TITLED debut album on September 29 - BLOG POST

Jason Aldean 'heartbroken' over Las Vegas Shooting. The Country Music Industry & Artists react. Nashville Holds Vigil. Maren Morris has released a hard-hitting collaboration with Vince Gill following the deadliest mass shooting in American history. - BLOG POST
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:28 am

BILLBOARD CHART NEWS

Kenny Chesney Hits No. 1 with “All The Pretty Girls” - BLOG POST

Country Billboard Chart News October 2, 2017 - BLOG POST
September 2017 Certifications, Thomas Rhett, Sam Hunt, Kenny Chesney & Kane Brown land the No1s. Midland (#1 Country sales), Home Free, Chris Janson and Chris Hillman debut albums. Billy Strings and Mac McAnally fall short of the Top 50.

Ref "Exclusive Post"
Moshe wrote:Dolly Parton has a children's album out, but for those of us not so much into that, she also appears on the new Miley Cyrus album, "Younger Now", and duetss with Miley on a song they co-wrote.

Country Billboard Chart News October 9, 2017 - BLOG POST
Shania Twain, Kane Brown feat. Lauren Alaina, Kenny Chesney & Maren Morris land the No1s. Dolly Parton debuts and falls short of top 50 (900 sales)

Expanded PRESS RELEASES & Articles

William Michael Morgan launches title track single “Vinyl” with renewed sense of self - BLOG POST

Up Close And Country with Kevin McGuire (UKs answer to Sam Hunt & Kane Brown" - an intimate evening at The Arts Theatre, London - BLOG POST

Lisa McHugh’s new album WHO I AM has dropped - BLOG POST

Kip Moore wraps sold-out headlining U.K. stint to “rapturous reception” in London - BLOG POST

* New To You * Cherish Lee releasing her first single and album, "Tequila Cowgirl" - BLOG POST

Country Duo, Indigo Summer, set to release self-titled debut album Oct. 20 - BLOG POST

10-DVD Collection CMA Awards LIVE: Greatest Moments 1968-2015 available for the first time ever (Includes 127 Historical CMA Performances) - BLOG POST

2017 CMA Broadcast Award Winners: Keith Urban was on the phone congratulating winners, who will be honored at The 51st Annual CMA Awards Nov. 8 in Nashville. - BLOG POST

Everything must go in Lucy Angel’s new single “Yard Sale” - BLOG POST
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Christian Lamitschka » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:47 am

Shania Twain on Country Music News International Radio Show November 15. + 17. + 18. + 19. interviewed by Christian Lamitschka http://countrymusicnewsinternational.bl ... -news.html
Attachments
Christian Lamitschka interviews Stars of Yesterday Today and Tomorrow.jpg
Christian Lamitschka interviews Stars of Yesterday Today and Tomorrow.jpg (47.17 KiB) Viewed 2949 times
Subscribe & Like Country Music News International on FB: http://www.Facebook.com/CountryMusicNewsInternational
Christian Lamitschka

Ultimate Member

Postby CRoutes » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:59 pm

(27 March 2018) Country Hall Adds Three:
This year's Country Music Hall of Fame inductees are, in the Veterans Era Artist category, Dottie West; in the Modern Era Artist Category, Ricky Skaggs; and in the Recording/Touring Musician Category, Johnny Gimble. The honorees will be celebrated at the annual invitation-only Medallion Ceremony later this year.
Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood announced the 2018 Country Music Hall of Fame. watch from 40 mins
Visit Country Routes News Blog (News on Indes/ Mainstream/ Charts/ UK News & Live Gig & Concert dates) https://countryroutesnews.blogspot.co.uk/
CRoutes

Postby Moshe » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:20 am

CRoutes wrote:(27 March 2018) Country Hall Adds Three:
This year's Country Music Hall of Fame inductees are, in the Veterans Era Artist category, Dottie West; in the Modern Era Artist Category, Ricky Skaggs; and in the Recording/Touring Musician Category, Johnny Gimble. The honorees will be celebrated at the annual invitation-only Medallion Ceremony later this year.
Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood announced the 2018 Country Music Hall of Fame. watch from 40 mins

Ah, Dottie West. a legend! More for her lifestyle than her music. Her music was OK, but she really pushed out the boat in living the superstar life. Loads of very young men, booze & excesive spending which, sadly, led to bankrupsy.
As for the music, I prefer her daughter Shelley's stuff.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby CRoutes » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:02 pm

ICYMI
Turns out it wasn't an April Fool
Taylor Swift really did surprise guests at Nashville's fabled Bluebird Cafe over the weekend by performing an intimate set.
The Shake It Off singer-songwriter hit the stage during songwriter Craig Wiseman's gig, which he performed in front of 40 people. Swift's set on Saturday was also bittersweet because she used to sing at the cafe in Tennessee early in her career.
"I wanted to say a big thank you to the Bluebird Cafe," she told the audience. "I think any songwriter in town would echo my sentiments and say that this is kind of the only place where this exists - this particular place where you get to come and hear the writer's take on the songs they've put out into the world."
She also spoke about her song Better Man, which she wrote for Little Big Town.
The gig was recorded for a documentary in honour of Bluebird Cafe's 35th anniversary.
Among those in the crowd was Big Machine chief Scott Borchetta, who discovered Swift when she was 14 years old.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... -borchetta
Visit Country Routes News Blog (News on Indes/ Mainstream/ Charts/ UK News & Live Gig & Concert dates) https://countryroutesnews.blogspot.co.uk/
CRoutes

Postby CRoutes » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:30 am

Megan O’Neill to release new album ‘Ghost Of You’ on JUNE 8th - BLOG POST

Rising Teen social media sensation Caroline Dare releases sophomore EP - BLOG POST

Johnny Cash: Forever Words album ft. Chris Cornell, Kacey Musgraves, Elvis Costello - BLOG POST

Ruston Kelly & Kacey Musgraves’ music video “To June This Morning” re-imagines love letter from Johnny Cash To June Carter - BLOG POST

Country Billboard Chart News April 2, 2018 - BLOG POST
RIAA Certifications, Kane Brown, Bebe Rexha feat. Florida Georgia Line & Luke Bryan land the No1s. Jordan Davis debuts, Kris Jones & Courtney Marie Andrews fall short of the Top 50. So far in 2018 Country album sales down 24%, Digital download sales down over 30% - 5 million!

Rising UK Country artist Binky launches Foot-Stomping Anthem, 'Jackie D' - BLOG POST

Devon Indie folk band Velvet & Stone release new video Lay Her Down, vote for Raise Your Ghosts in UK Country Awards - BLOG POST

Una Healy premieres Never See Me Cry video & launches Original shoe collection - BLOG POST

New UK Outdoor Country, Americana and Roots Festival, The Long Road, to take place in Leicestershire (Fri Sept 7th – Sun 9th 2018) - BLOG POST
CRoutes

Postby CRoutes » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:24 am

Jason Aldean - Rearview Town (Broken Bow Records)
Released April 13
Amazon UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rearview-Town- ... B07B4WJTH7
SPOTIFY - https://open.spotify.com/album/5f34GtT1 ... am7eCkRESQ

Are you missing Aldean's new album on Spotify?

Jason Aldean's 'Rearview Town' to Test New Model for Spotify, YouTube: Streaming First for Paying Subscribers
For the first two weeks of its release, Jason Aldean’s Rearview Town, out Friday, will be available only on the premium tier of all subscription services, Billboard has confirmed.
The move, unique for a major artist on both Spotify and YouTube, indicates a shift from both streaming giants' previous policies of not allowing artists to dictate to which tiers and markets they make their music available. The major labels negotiated the rights to window releases in their recent licensing agreements with the services, but no big acts immediately took advantage of the ability.
The two-week premium window for Aldean's album also applies to multi-tier services such as Amazon and Pandora: Aldean’s music will not be available on those free tiers until after the 14-day premium exclusive ends.
The Broken Bow/BMG release will be immediately available on subscription-only streaming services Apple Music and Tidal (in which Aldean is a partner) as usual, as well as available for purchase via download or as a physical CD.

Whether he’s trying to be an 80s rocker or a 00s hip-hopper, it just all sounds wrong and I struggled to find a single track that if I heard it on the radio I wouldn’t want to change channels immediately...Either way I’d say avoid this at all costs unless you’re a diehard fan - Duncan Warwick (1 STAR) Country Music People.. :)

"Surprising fans for almost a decade after his genre-bending breakthrough smash 'She's Country,' Aldean still revels in surprising fans and pushing the boundaries of Country music." - USA Today
"Twelve years after Aldean helped recenter the genre, these sounds aren’t novel in country music. This is Aldean’s world; he inhabits it more convincingly than most." - Paste
"With its programmed beats and high-octane guitars, the blustery production matches Aldean's angst-filled vocal delivery." - Rolling Stone
"What sets Aldean apart from the pack is that he's still the guy from Macon, GA, who remembers the folks who have supported him from the beginning. That's why he's connected with audiences representing rearview towns all over the world." - CMT
CRoutes

Postby CRoutes » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:26 am

UK Country Blues artiste and former Maverick Magazine favourite Cherry Lee Mewis announces new EP VOYAGE - BLOG POST

US Soulful Teen Sensation Bailey James says goodbye to feeling broken-hearted with new Single - BLOG POST

Scotland born and Irish based Lisa McHugh releases new single ‘Who I Am’, find out more about the background (remember Jessica Andrews?) to the song - BLOG POST

Thomas Rhett announces return to UK at London's Eventim Apollo - November 17th 2018 (support Danielle Bradbery and Devin Dawson | Tickets on SALE Fri April 20) and releases 'Leave Right Now' Remixes - BLOG POST

Catherine McGrath releases 'Wild' & announces debut album TALK OF THIS TOWN , check out her forthcoming live dates - BLOG POST
CRoutes

Postby Moshe » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:18 am

CRoutes wrote:UK Country Blues artiste and former Maverick Magazine favourite Cherry Lee Mewis announces new EP VOYAGE - BLOG POST

US Soulful Teen Sensation Bailey James says goodbye to feeling broken-hearted with new Single - BLOG POST

Scotland born and Irish based Lisa McHugh releases new single ‘Who I Am’, find out more about the background (remember Jessica Andrews?) to the song - BLOG POST

Thomas Rhett announces return to UK at London's Eventim Apollo - November 17th 2018 (support Danielle Bradbery and Devin Dawson | Tickets on SALE Fri April 20) and releases 'Leave Right Now' Remixes - BLOG POST

Catherine McGrath releases 'Wild' & announces debut album TALK OF THIS TOWN , check out her forthcoming live dates - BLOG POST

I first heard Cherry Lee Mewis some years ago on Paul Jones Blues show. I bought the track 7 posted a video of it on these boards.
Another member here accurately pointed out that her name sounds like a very drunk person trying to say Jerry Lee Lewis.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby CRoutes » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:58 am

Moshe wrote:I first heard Cherry Lee Mewis some years ago on Paul Jones Blues show. I bought the track 7 posted a video of it on these boards.
Another member here accurately pointed out that her name sounds like a very drunk person trying to say Jerry Lee Lewis.

Yes a tongue twister and very prone to typos

Laura Benitez And The Heartache release new album WITH ALL ITS THORNS, Test drive and support the 11 tracker praised by Country Music People - BLOG POST

Eric Church's Epic "61 Days in Church" LP Coming on Record Store Day - BLOG POST

Carrie Underwood to release her new album, CRY PRETTY, on September 14th, Single "Cry Pretty" most added this week at country radio, check out her Album history - BLOG POST
CRoutes

Postby CRoutes » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:14 pm

OOPS MOMENT
Canadian singer Shania Twain has apologised for an "awkward" remark quoted in a Guardian interview, in which she said she would have voted for Trump if she could have. :wink:
On Twitter on Sunday, she said the question caught her off guard and she regrets her answer. "I am passionately against discrimination of any kind and hope it's clear from the choices I have made, and the people I stand with, that I do not hold any common moral beliefs with the current president."
In the profile, the singer candidly discussed her divorce from long-time collaborator Robert "Mutt" Lange as well as her traumatic upbringing, which included being sexually and physically abused by her stepfather.

But towards the end of the article, she was asked about the US election and said she "would have voted for [Trump] because, even though he was offensive, he seemed honest".
"Do you want straight or polite? Not that you shouldn't be able to have both. If I were voting, I just don't want ****. I would have voted for a feeling that it was transparent. And politics has a reputation of not being that, right?"
CRoutes

Postby CRoutes » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:55 am

ICYMI: Country Billboard Chart News April 16, 2018
Kane Brown, Bebe Rexha feat. Florida Georgia Line & Jordan Davis land the No1s. Debuts: Blackberry Smoke, RESTORATION: Reimagining the Songs of Elton John, Johnny Cash: Forever Words, Elvis Presley' THE SEARCHER and David Lee Murphy. Falling short of top 50 Sarah Shook & the Disarmers - BLOG POST

Brothers Osborne share lyric video for 'Weed, Whiskey And Willie' + UK Tour Dates due - BLOG POST

Kelsey Lamb gears up to hit Country Radio Airwaves with debut single, “Little By Little" - BLOG POST

Don Mclean announces UK Tour with support from Jarrod Dickenson - BLOG POST

Lisa Wright explores new sounds on ‘MIND OF MINE’ EP - out MAY 25th - BLOG POST fabulous single 'Tennessee' draws high praise from The Shires ever own Ben, Check out Lisa's forthcoming gigs and EP Launch

Nashville's ENATION announce debut UK headline show at London's Omeara on May 19 - BLOG POST

Catherine McGrath shares official video for 'Wild' | Debut album available for preorder, check out her forthcoming gig & Festival dates - BLOG POST

UK Tour & Gig Dates Added
Clare Bowen (Sept), Courtney Marie Andrews (Aug), Karine Polwart (Oct), Lisa Wright (May), My Darling Clementine (Sept), Nashville Nights (May), Nashville Meets London Official Pre-Party Cruise (July), Sam Palladio (June), Nashville Pussy (Nov), The Wood Brothers + Logan Brill (Sept) - UK Tour Dates Page (2018 UK Tours, LONDON Concert & Gig Dates, Festival Events)
CRoutes

Postby CRoutes » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:03 pm

UK Tour & Gig Dates Added

Barbara Nesbitt (Apr-May), Carter Sampson (May), The Wandering Hearts (Nov-Dec)
UK Tour Dates Page (2018 UK Tours, LONDON Concert & Gig Dates, Festival Events)

CRoutes

Postby CRoutes » Thu May 03, 2018 7:32 am

Country Billboard Chart News April 23, 2018 - BLOG POST
Jason Aldean, Bebe Rexha feat. Florida Georgia Line & Carrie Underwood land the No1s. John Prine debuts. Outlaw & Moonlight Social fall short of the Top 50. Of Note UK's Jade Bird lands a No1 on Adult Alternative Songs

Dakota Danielle releases acoustic video for debut single "One Church" - BLOG POST

I SEE HAWKS IN L.A. to release eighth studio album, LIVE AND NEVER LEARN, UK Dates. Album crowdfund Kickstarter campaign begins. Album Of The Week on Joe Singleton Red Rose Country - BLOG POST

Brent Cobb releases new single 'Come Home Soon' , new album PROVIDENCE CANYON out May 11, playing THE LONG ROAD FESTIVAL Sept 7 - BLOG POST

Lena Stone to release Self-Titled Debut EP May 25 - BLOG POST

Savannah Lynne teams up with Nash Overstreet for latest single - BLOG POST

Carter Sampson, hoping to be more lucky .......New album LUCKY out May 25, Touring the UK in May when special limited Vinyl release LP “A WILDER AND ANOTHER SIDE will be available! - BLOG POST

Collin Raye to Release New Album in Celebration of 25 Years in Music - BLOG POST

CRoutes

PreviousNext

Return to Worldwide Country Music