Country Exclusives 2018



Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby Moshe » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:41 pm

SUGARLAND have anounced that their 6th album, "BIGGER", is to be released 8th June.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

User avatar
Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 10076
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: London

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby Moshe » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:38 pm


LEE ANN WOMACK will be playing The Union Chapel in London on Friday 7th September.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

User avatar
Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 10076
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: London

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby Moshe » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:54 pm


I have still not managed to get the full ACM show from this year, but from the clips I have seen Reba McEntire excelled as host, including lambasting the ACM's of having a male only Entertainer Of The Year List. "Five men and no women? it's like singles night at the Holiday Inne".
Reba also wowed the crowd by wearing her famous extra low cut dress from her 1993 perfoprmance for a rendition of "Does He love You" with daughter in law Kelly Clarkson.
But it was Carrie Underwood who satole the show with her much aclaimed performance of her new single, "Cry Pretty".
It has been described as "history making".
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

User avatar
Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 10076
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: London

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby kev » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:56 pm

Moshe wrote:SUGARLAND have anounced that their 6th album, "BIGGER", is to be released 8th June.

Poor us ... what have we done to deserve this?
kev

Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 6643
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:55 am

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby Moshe » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:59 pm

kev wrote:
Moshe wrote:SUGARLAND have anounced that their 6th album, "BIGGER", is to be released 8th June.

Poor us ... what have we done to deserve this?

the title "Bigger" would elicit the "Ooer- Mrs!" response from certain 1970's-era British comics. I don't know if this is what Sugarland had in mind. "Titter ye not!"
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

User avatar
Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 10076
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: London

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby Moshe » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:22 am

CARRIE UNDERWOOD announced the release of her first album with Capitol for 18th september. The project will be titled "Cry Pretty", after the emotional lead single.
"At this point in my career, I feel more creative than ever" Carrie stated.
The single "Cry Pretty" was the most added at country radio this week.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

User avatar
Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 10076
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: London

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby Moshe » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:36 am

Review: Tom Paxton and The Don Juans (Cadogan Hall)

Tom Paxton is a legend in folk and popular music. He has written many classic songs over the year including The Last Thing On my Mind, Bottle Of wine, Whose Garden was this and many more.
The Don Juans is the collective name of Nashville songwriters Don henry and Jon Vezner. Together they have written hits songs for singers from the worlds of country and pop music. Jon Vezner also happens to be married to country singer Kathy Mattea for whom Jon & Don co-write the multi-award winning tearjerker, "Where Have You Been".

In his Eightieth year on the planet, Tom Paxton has teamed up with the Don Juans and they make beautiful music together.
The evening was a mix of songs written by The Don Juans, and Tom Paxton, some written by all three of them.
Tom may be 80, but he has lost none of his skills as a songwriter and as a vocalist I would say he is at his peak!

Among the many highlights of the concert for me was the performance of a powerful new song from Tom Paxton, "After the Storm", which reflects the doom laden future the USA has entered, while the Don juans' "Dixie's Summer clothes" evocatively brings to life the humid summers of Alabama. And, of course renditions of such classics as "The last Thing On My Mind"and "Bottle Of wine", though the latter had some members of the audience singing along rather too enthusiastically!
Both Don and Jon are superb and versatile musicians and the evening was a joy of beautiful, acoustic music, great songs and fine harmonies.
Whether your tastes run to folk or country, if you enjoy great acoustic music and quality songs, this evening was a real treat!
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

User avatar
Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 10076
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: London

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby Moshe » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:05 am



Taylor Swift recently made a surprise appearance at Nashville's songwriter venue, The Bluebird Cafe. She had also penned a hit tune for Little Big town, "A Better Man", and now Taylor swift makes another return to traditional country music with her brand new co-colaboration with Sugarland, "Babe".
Will Swift's next album have a country flavour?
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

User avatar
Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 10076
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: London

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby CRoutes » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:45 am

Moshe wrote:

Taylor Swift recently made a surprise appearance at Nashville's songwriter venue, The Bluebird Cafe. She had also penned a hit tune for Little Big town, "A Better Man", and now Taylor swift makes another return to traditional country music with her brand new co-colaboration with Sugarland, "Babe".
Will Swift's next album have a country flavour?


If this is TRADITIONAL Country Music then I am very alarmed. Is this where the genre is right now? Oh dear...
Visit Country Routes News Blog (News on Indes/ Mainstream/ Charts/ UK News & Live Gig & Concert dates) https://countryroutesnews.blogspot.co.uk/
CRoutes

Junior Member
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby Moshe » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:28 pm

http://headlineplanet.com/home/2018/04/ ... dio-spins/

Taylor Swift has posted a sweet thank you message to fans for their posetive response to her return to country with sugarland's "Babe". (check in link above). The song is picking up country radio airplay and looks like being a crossover success alongside Carrie Underwood's "Cry Pretty" this spring.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

User avatar
Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 10076
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: London

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby CRoutes » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:05 pm

Moshe wrote:http://headlineplanet.com/home/2018/04/21/sugarland-taylor-swifts-babe-closed-day-one-1108-country-radio-spins/

Taylor Swift has posted a sweet thank you message to fans for their posetive response to her return to country with sugarland's "Babe". (check in link above). The song is picking up country radio airplay and looks like being a crossover success alongside Carrie Underwood's "Cry Pretty" this spring.


Not sure about a "return"
At the end of the day she's a songwriter so her songs will get picked up or pitched to country artists looking for new material as Sugarland have done.

Here we go again, this time in music City, no news if musicians were in the Waffle House
A nude gunman has killed four people at a Waffle House in Nashville in the US state of Tennessee, police say.
The man burst into the restaurant at 03:25 (08:25 GMT) in the suburb of Antioch and opened fire, reportedly with a semi-automatic rifle.
Four other people were wounded. One of them wrestled the weapon from the man, who then fled the scene on foot.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43855097
Visit Country Routes News Blog (News on Indes/ Mainstream/ Charts/ UK News & Live Gig & Concert dates) https://countryroutesnews.blogspot.co.uk/
CRoutes

Junior Member
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby Moshe » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:54 am

CRoutes wrote:
Moshe wrote:http://headlineplanet.com/home/2018/04/21/sugarland-taylor-swifts-babe-closed-day-one-1108-country-radio-spins/

Taylor Swift has posted a sweet thank you message to fans for their posetive response to her return to country with sugarland's "Babe". (check in link above). The song is picking up country radio airplay and looks like being a crossover success alongside Carrie Underwood's "Cry Pretty" this spring.


Not sure about a "return"
At the end of the day she's a songwriter so her songs will get picked up or pitched to country artists looking for new material as Sugarland have done.

Here we go again, this time in music City, no news if musicians were in the Waffle House
A nude gunman has killed four people at a Waffle House in Nashville in the US state of Tennessee, police say.
The man burst into the restaurant at 03:25 (08:25 GMT) in the suburb of Antioch and opened fire, reportedly with a semi-automatic rifle.
Four other people were wounded. One of them wrestled the weapon from the man, who then fled the scene on foot.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43855097

Taylor Swift specifies who she wants to record any unrecorded song she has written. She offered Little Big town "Better Man" and she contacted Sugarland to offer this song.
This song was a bit different from her song for Little Big town, in that it was left over from her "Red" album songs.
I think Swift has written better songs, but it is catchy and was pitched to get Swift back on to country radio. Swift is one of the wealthiest people in music today and can choose who she wants to record any song.
Of course, anyone can cover previously recorded Swift songs. British blues singer elles bailey has recorded a version of "Shake it off", not entirely succesfully, I thought.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

User avatar
Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 10076
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: London

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby CRoutes » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:23 pm

BRO COUNTRY IS ALIVE AND WELL!

Parmalee released their 6 track Party Pack on Friday.
UK iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/party ... 1372032200
described as "a summer-ready sixer of songs" . It's a compilation of their most rebel-rousing party songs, including the band's scorching new single, "Hotdamalama," which now impacts Country radio.
"We had so much fun shooting this video and hope that viewers have just as much fun watching it," said Matt Thomas of Parmalee. "That's what the entire Party Pack is all about-having a good time, bringing people together and enjoying the moment."

Visit Country Routes News Blog (News on Indes/ Mainstream/ Charts/ UK News & Live Gig & Concert dates) https://countryroutesnews.blogspot.co.uk/
CRoutes

Junior Member
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby Moshe » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:57 am

Back to country music...

The Cadogan Hall has become my favourite music venue. Great acoustics, and a quality enviroment to hear good music.
They are thankfully picking up on some of the finest roots music acts. Having in recent months hosted Tom Paxton & the DonJuans, Beth Nielson chapman and Shelby lynn & Alison moorer, their next country outing is on 13th of June with two superb singer-songwriters, Gretchen Peters and Kim Richey.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

User avatar
Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 10076
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: London

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby kev » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Moshe wrote:
The Cadogan Hall has become my favourite music venue. Great acoustics, and a quality enviroment to hear good music.
They are thankfully picking up on some of the finest roots music acts.


I see they've got Ry Cooder there in October.
kev

Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 6643
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:55 am

PreviousNext

Return to Worldwide Country Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

cron