YeeHaw UK Music Festival

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

YeeHaw UK Music Festival

Postby YeeHawUK » Sun May 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi all,

Would appreciate it if you could complete this survey, your help is invaluable! http://tolu.na/IgzaKE

Many Thanks,

YeeHaw UK
YeeHawUK

Newbie Member

Re: YeeHaw UK Music Festival

Postby Alex Evans » Sun May 20, 2012 8:36 pm

I'm a natural sceptic so please answer the following:

Who is conducting the survey?
What's the survey being used for?
Why do I have to input my email address before I can answer any questions?
Who is then using my email address and why?
Alex Evans

Postby YeeHawUK » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi Alex,

I understand your concerns and until our website is up and running have little to convince you of our credentials.

I represent YeeHawUK Country Music festival and am doing some research to input into the Festival plan. The results will be used for the Sponsorship proposal only and details will not be passed on to any other parties. I'm actually not sure I can access email addresses from it anyway, I think Toluna keep the email addresses so will check that they aren't going to spam anyone with anything.

I'll be using the information to produce the demographic profile to highlight the benefits of sponsoring the festival, ie. age of attendees, gender, economic grouping, musical taste and behavior during attendance. The statistics will be used alongside the Festival Reports from previous years held on virtual festivals plus other sources.

I hope this will be enough to reassure you that your details are safe and that your information will prove very helpful in the planning for our August 2013 festival.

Best Regards,

B.Steers - YeeHawUK.
YeeHawUK

Newbie Member

Postby Irene-T » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:08 pm

I got as far as the 'household' income section. Prior was intrusive enough
I can't see how you knowing how much folk earn can be connected to a future Country music fest - Never have we been asked this and doesn't sit 'right' somehow
Shouldn't you have started with describing what you hope to achieve - where fest is -who will be appearing - that kind of thing
Your survey has no connection to a future fest, at the point I left....
Irene-T

Supreme Member

Postby lo&m » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:02 pm

A little search brings up this ... http://yeehawuk.blogspot.co.uk/
It has a twitter account too ... https://twitter.com/#!/YeeHawUK

That's it. The only other results come back to this forum.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby YeeHawUK » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Thanks for your additional feedback. Here's the situation. Yeehawuk is still in the planning stages, we are still negotiating with venues but it's likely to be either Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire or Hertfordshire.
The household income bracket is a standard field for the survey, it helps me to sell the sponsorship to our sponsors as I'm able to accurately depict the likely attendees. They can decide if the event is something they would look to promote their brand at. If, for example, the survey showed that the household income for an attendee was below a certain level it would be a difficult sell to a luxury brand like Rolex. The attendees would not match their target demographic. At the end of the day the sponsors are the ones who will ensure everything is paid for, thus making sure help for heroes receive 100% of any profit. The aim of the survey was to make sure the event is as fully analysed as possible, therefore protecting not only myself but alot of people who would have a stake in the event (that's the aim anyway) Just thought this forum would be an ideal place to find Country Music fans that would be likely to attend a festival like this.

In terms of publicity we started with twitter and a blog as these were easy to setup immediately. A fully e-commerce enabled website is on it's way as is the official branding and logos.
YeeHawUK

Newbie Member

Postby lo&m » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:51 pm

I wish you well but you should know that starting up a new festival is a risky business at the best of times, and these aren't the best of times. Still, where would we be if our reach did not exceed our grasp?

A few things you can do to help give your fest a chance of success: 1. Make sure there are no other festivals already being held nearby at the same time, 2. try and be original and offer something a bit different to other CM fests, 3. (and this is the most important) talk to other festival organisers. It's not a cut-throat business, people want each other to succeed and will offer advice.

Having said that, your first one will probably not be a financial pleasure. It will take two or three goes to get yourself established. Be prepared for that.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby zazumusic » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:04 am

Hi guys! thanks for your info. I want to offer you to book a band for party here http://www.zazumusic.com/
zazumusic

Postby PeterJD » Thu May 02, 2013 2:29 pm

Yeehaw just posted on twitter that unfortunately due to the main sponsor pulling out this has been postponed until 2014.
Ask forgiveness, not permission.
PeterJD

Supreme Member

Postby Smudger » Thu May 02, 2013 5:47 pm

PeterJD wrote:Yeehaw just posted on twitter that unfortunately due to the main sponsor pulling out this has been postponed until 2014.

I thought something like this might happen. I'll be surprised if it's on in 2014...........
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Fri May 03, 2013 7:49 am

Personally I think the name is a non-starter ......
kev

Ultimate Member

Return to Festivals