Hi All

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Hi All

Postby StevieW » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:24 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Stevie. I registered with this site when I was living & working as a singer/songwriter in Cyprus. I am now living back in the UK and have recently joined up with a guitarist to form a guitar/vocal duo called Two Dollar Bill. We are based in North Lincs and play mainly New Country covers, as well as some songs written by me.

We are ready to start gigging and I would welcome any suggestions as to venues to play in the Lincs/Yorks areas.

I look forward to talking Country with you all.

Stevie
StevieW

Newbie Member

Re: Hi All

Postby lo&m » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi Stevie, welcome to the forum. The Processed Pea might be of interest to you. THE WHAT? It is a music venue held at the Light Dragoon inn in Etton which is a small village about three miles north of Beverley, East Yorkshire. Just over the Humber bridge from N Lincs. Here's what their website says ...
What is The Processed Pea?

From its early days as a weekly folk club at the end of the swinging sixties, to its present day monthly acoustic concerts, The Processed Pea has meant many things to different people.
* To professional musicians it is a much respected venue to perform at.
* To amateur performers it is a place to be able to play in front of a live audience.
* To those in the audience it means quite simply – a good night out!

Its format has always been quite simple, – to book singers and musicians to perform for an audience in the intimate surroundings of a country pub. In fact The Processed Pea has always been based in the same room of the inn that has become synonymous with its success – The Light Dragoon in Etton. Etton is a small village about three miles north of Beverley in the heart of the East Riding of Yorkshire.

So The Processed Pea is not a band, nor a pub, – just a silly name for the non profit making ‘get togethers’ organised by a small number of dedicated music lovers.

So why is The Processed Pea so special?

Its success can be attributed to lots of reasons, but we believe that the audiences themselves have played a major part in the story. A good crowd becomes involved with the proceedings, from the moment they enter, and can make an evening particularly special by the atmosphere they create. Invariably it is the relaxed mixture of respect and participation that they generate that artists thrive on, which makes an evening ‘tick’.

The friendly and atmospheric acoustic music evenings are open to everyone—membership is not required. Going to one of the events is like visiting the
cinema or theatre—simply turn up! (It can be advisable however to obtain or reserve tickets in advance to be sure of getting in!)

Musicians of the highest calibre are attracted to the well respected venue. Such guests have included Jim Diamond, Mungo Jerry, Labi Siffre, Benny Gallagher and The Strawbs. We have also worked with the likes of Ralph McTell, Amazing Blondell and Lindisfarne using other venues, – but our heart lies in the oak beamed lounge of one of Yorkshire’s finest country pubs.

http://theprocessedpea.co.uk/pea/

And then there's the Cottingham music festival. Again, just over the river.
http://www.springboardfestival.org/
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby StevieW » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:38 pm

Thank you so much! Both are quite close to me in Barton upon Humber! :D
StevieW

Newbie Member

Postby lo&m » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:25 pm

And there's the Adelphi in Hull. Top local venue.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Return to Introduce yourself