BCMA Blackballing Hannah Johnson

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

BCMA Blackballing Hannah Johnson

Postby PeterJD » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:05 am

A short time back US singer, now resident in the UK, Lars Pluto posted something on Facebook that one of the acts on his recent Revolution In The Round gig in Manchester had been called and warned off playing by the BCMA, they seemingly veiled threats regarding the acts future potential. I went to the gig and it was excellent. I had a great time. BCMA seemingly have issue with Lars as Lars, rightly is a fierce critic of how they run their awards.

Fast forward to last night and Hannah Johnson, formerly of The Toy Hearts and now touring as a solo artist posted this on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/HJBROKENHEARTS/

I have always known that the BCMA stinks, that it is at best dishonest but this is a new level of low, and Buckle and Boots Festival, you have lost my custom. It's sickening that Jim Duncan, a man with a grudge can do this, and not only that, still have people paying lip service to his org. Appalling.
Ask forgiveness, not permission.
PeterJD

Supreme Member

Re: BCMA Blackballing Hannah Johnson

Postby nickytt » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:43 pm

I cant seem to read the whole transcript of this open letter here but it is on the fb page of the artist concerned. She asks some pertinent questions of the BCMA and how they run their organisation. To be fair this has been coming for a while. Most artists don't want to stick their head above the parapet and openly critisise this organisation, but when you realise you have nothing left to lose then I suppose you can let loose with both barrels. She wont be the last either. Has she got a point? Yes from what i hear. Anyway always interesting to see a cat thrown into the hen house, but I'm really not sure the BCMA will be rushing out a response!!
nickytt

Postby PeterJD » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:54 am

I am sure they will ignore the open letter, and carry on as if nothing has happened.
Ask forgiveness, not permission.
PeterJD

Supreme Member

Postby lo&m » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:00 pm

nickytt, you can find the full text of the open letter posted in a thread in the the saloon.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby Moshe » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:59 am

Sounds like the BCMA is a BS club which decides not on merit but who is "in" with it.
In any case, it has no influence.
I would say country artistes should just ignore the BCMA. Seems like they are making themselves obsolete
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Return to UK Country music